You are interested in shaping the future of AI-based energy management? Then come join our great team and make the world greener with us! Etalytics is an award-winning software provider for energy intelligence solutions to achieve energy efficiency, less CO2 emissions and lower energy costs for multiple industries. With our software products, based on innovative IoT, data analytics and machine learning technologies, we offer solutions for manufacturing plants, smart cities, energy providers or office buildings to structure, analyze and optimize their energy systems.
We at etalytics are currently looking for a Senior Backend Software Developer (m/f/d) for our office in Darmstadt, Germany. You will join our backend team, which builds our etaONE® platform for energy intelligence based on a modern microservice tech stack. You will be implementing and maintaining features from the Rest API down to the persistence layer. We value a clean and testable software design and are looking for candidates sharing these values.
What you can expect:
- Design and development of backend features using modern frameworks and tools such as Spring Boot (Java/Kotlin), Hibernate, Git, Gradle, PostgreSQL, AMQP
- You are involved in ongoing development of the cloud native microservice architecture based on innovative technologies such as Spring, Docker, Kubernetes, CI/CD Pipelines and AWS Cloud Services
- Technical and functional support in the development of new product and solution ideas, proactively contributing your own creative suggestions, solution approaches and technologies to the development process
- Maintaining high quality code standards through test automation with Junit and Mockito, test-driven development and static code analysis
- Close cooperation with other developers and specialist departments throughout the entire software lifecycle – from planning to development and rollout
- An active developer community where you can get involved, exchange ideas with colleagues and keep up to date with your knowledge
You have experience in building and maintaining large web applications; you know the Spring Boot framework, love talking about architecture and APIs, know your git and you are a proficient coder on your own. We are working as a team, but we are looking for a coder who knows how to get things done.
- You have 3+ years of experience in software development with a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Informatics, Physics, Mathematics or Engineering
- You have experience with automated software testing and continuous integration and you can and will write meaningful tests along with your implementation code
- You write high-quality code and want to build a maintainable, stable, and well-tested system that you can deploy to production multiple times a day without worrying
- You have the ability and willingness to learn quickly and in a self-guided way
- You enjoy working with multiple people on the same codebase, know what that takes and are open to sharing and improving our work together
- You want to take responsibility of your work and build sustainable solutions that stand the test of time
- Good written and spoken German and English skills round off your profile
- First experience with deployment and operation of applications on cloud native infrastructure (e.g. Kubernetes, AWS) would be a plus
Are you looking for variety instead of daily routine? Team spirit instead of rigid hierarchies? You want to work on software problems that make a real difference in our society by helping to reduce CO2 emissions? Then you’ve come to the right place. We offer you exciting and responsible tasks, attractive career opportunities and perspectives:
- A permanent full-time contract with perspective at our office in Darmstadt (Germany),
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work in a home office,
- Open feedback culture, flat hierarchies and a motivated team,
- An interesting field of activity with a modern tech stack,
- Excellent development opportunities in a growing team,
- A healthy work-life balance, diversity, a hands-on-mentality and agile work.
Our modern office is located at HUB31 Co-working space in Darmstadt near Frankfurt am Main, which is easily accessible with good connections to public transport, the highway and the airport. You will be part of a highly motivated international team of specialists and will work in an environment that offers a wide range of individual development possibilities. Feel the startup mentality with options to play table soccer, meet other entrepreneurs or enjoy free coffee and tea!
Interested in joining our team? Contribute your know-how, make our team even greater and help us making the world a greener place! Send us your electronic CV (.pdf), expected salary, and your earliest starting date.
We’re looking forward to hearing from you! Send your application to email@example.com.